The Community Rejuvenation Project cultivates healthy communities through beautification, education, and celebration. We achieve this mission through experiential programs that promote professional development, artistic and cultural expression, and community empowerment.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Week 3 :Day 2 East 16th And 23rd Ave




Today is a beautiful day with cool and cloudy weather everybody is happy. We had some psychical exercise that help us to be alert and active on our job. Right now they all found in doing their work. Like clean up, painting, door to door, as well as onsite promo.

This community contains various people from all over the world, thats why our community program is unique from any other, I had an interview with one of the crew members of the project, this was the answer he gave me when I asked him a little about the community rejuvenation project. Here it is...



-First my name is Henok ,there are a lot to say about the project what he have done for me. For instance I have not had painting experience at all, but since I started to work with the community rejuvenation project I learned a lot, like vanishing point, how to handle spray paint, how to buff a walls with a brush and roller painting. Besides all this I could be able to build my self esteem up and talk in front of people with full confidence. Therefore this is a place where I saw my life change in all aspects since I started this job. Therefore this is a place where you learn and develop our art skills and be creative.

interviewer: thanks for sharing all this productive idea with every body out there specifically those who want change in their life

Henok: No problem, thanks for having me.

No comments:

Post a Comment